St. Luke - Portage Lakes provides a peaceful, setting on South Turkeyfoot Lake ready to support you in meeting your care needs. Our staff will provide the comfort and peace of mind you and your family are looking for, all within a secure environment.
Our Portage Lakes Campus has 56 Skilled Nursing rooms, which can be utilized for Short Term Rehabilitation, as well as 15 Assisted Living apartments. We offer a beautiful lake setting, just a few minutes from Portage Lakes State Park, along with the convenience of being just 20 minutes from Downtown Akron and 20 minutes from Belden Village.
Assisted Living offers help with some activities of daily living, along with the convenience of having meals in a family-style setting, daily activities and nursing staff on call 24/7.
If cooking and chores are a bit too much effort or falls are a concern, Assisted Living may just be the solution for you. St. Luke Lutheran Community can provide the peace of mind you are looking for with tailored services which meet each individual's physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
Our Assisted Living services include:
• breakfast, lunch, and dinner served daily in the dining room (meals are prepared to meet your individual diet needs and preferences)
• minimal assistance with activities of daily living
• administration of medication
• socialization through planned activities and outings
• laundry and housekeeping services
Short Term Rehabilitation at St. Luke
After an accident or injury St. Luke can provide round the clock nursing care, along with therapy services, to get you back on your feet. Our nursing and therapy care teams will tailor treatment to your needs and work to get you back to your normal routine as quickly as possible. We are staffed with licensed nursing staff (available 24/7), physical therapists, occupational therapists, physical and occupational therapy assistants and speech language pathologists.
Our inpatient setting also allows you to easily access to physical, occupational, and speech therapy. Working on regaining strength, coordination, balance, and stamina, plus ensuring safely helps to prepare you for getting back home.
Skilled Nursing Care
Our philosophy is to restore each resident as quickly as possible to his or her optimum level of functioning and independence, meeting the individual needs of each resident in a medically safe, kind and compassionate manner. Our nursing team is on duty 24-hours a day, 7-days a week, and under the direction of our medical director and includes: Registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and state-tested nursing. An interdisciplinary team works with the nursing staff to coordinate specialized care as prescribed by your physician.
Nursing Care services include:
• 24-hour skilled nursing
• Post-hospital and post-surgical care
• Restorative nursing programs which focus on reaching an optimum level of functioning and independence
• Coordination of physicians services
• Individualized care plans and regular health assessments
• Therapeutic and specialized dietary services, 3 nutritious meals a day, plus snacks
• Administration of medication
• Planned activities and outings
• Laundry and housekeeping services
Laurel Valley at St. Luke - North Canton is a secure, memory support unit specifically designed to focus on the psycho-social needs and sensory stimulation for residents with Alzheimer's. The unit offers a comfortable, familiar environment promoting independence where the resident can explore the unit safely. Staff are specially trained to work in Laurel Valley, and receive ongoing training in the care of the Alzheimer's resident. Our Resident Life staff provides individual and group activities specific for the Alzheimer's resident's needs.
Laurel Valley is Medicaid and Medicare certified. Criteria for admission is assessed on the resident's current medical needs, behaviors, cognition and activity levels, and a diagnosis of dementia. Our staff will assess each individual to admission.
Respite Care at St. Luke
St. Luke Lutheran Community also provides Respite Care, short-term stays, for those seniors whose families travel out of town or need a break from caregiving. They also allow those considering senior living a chance to try out our services before making a long term commitment. You will enjoy housekeeping services, community activities, dining and all other amenities that our long term residents enjoy.
Consider short term respite care when you need:
• Extra assistance following a hospital stay
• Family caregivers have work or travel plans or need a break from caregiving
• Seniors need supervised attention on a short term basis
• A place to stay when an emergency has made your home unsafe