We strive to make every moment count for our residents and patients at The Meadows because we believe in celebrating life at all stages.
Short Term or Home. Our residents and patients come to us for a variety of reasons. Many are short-term, having left a hospital needing skilled nursing and/or rehabilitative care to get them back home. Other residents have chosen us as their home with assisted living care, memory care, or independent living.
The Meadows campus is home to a HealthCare Center, Assisted living (RHA), memory care, and the Harpeth Meadows independent living homes. Our campus has a restaurant-style dining room, landscaped courtyards, and recreational amenities.
Our Promise. We are dedicated to offering our residents and patients the independence they want with the support they need. In fact, all NHC partners prepare for their workday by reciting one of our 20 promises each morning. Our vision is Caring in a Better Way day by day.
Assisted living provides a comforting option for those who have faced challenges living on their own. Our Residential Home for the Aged (Assisted living) offers residents security and support but still gives them the independence they desire. It also provides for a full and rich lifestyle without the burden of daily responsibilities.
From medication supervision to art and music therapy, our Residents receive appropriate care for their level of need, remaining vital and independent to enjoy all The Meadows has to offer. You will have a unique experience with an extended family of staff that truly cares about you.
Security and care matters
The Meadows Memory Care provides a lovely, comfortable, and secure world where residents with moderate memory impairment can live and function at their highest level of mental and physical abilities.
Our compassionate, dementia-trained team of dedicated staff members provides ability-centered activities and offers personal, everyday assistance. Our center's serene and predictable lifestyle provides a genuine sense of home and belonging while encouraging socialization and friendships with other residents, creating a unique sense of community.
Our Memory Care provides the same nursing care services and so much more.
Memory Care Special Features:
• Environment secured by the WanderGuard system
• Spacious sunroom includes a walking track
• Activity center designed for the needs of memory-impaired
• Kitchen area for family-style dinners
• Central skylight
• Beautiful window views
• Secured courtyard for outdoor activities
• Memory-enhancing shadow boxes outside each room for favorite photos and personalized memorabilia
Privacy, with community comforts
Residential living at Harpeth Meadows means enjoying a new way of living. This is the perfect option for those individuals, 62 years and older, who wish to maintain active, independent lifestyles without any home maintenance worries. The possibilities are endless to live as you see fit.
Our private residences are located in a quiet neighborhood, with tree-lined streets. Of course, where you live is about much more than your actual living space life here enables you to take advantage of the many community options available just outside your front door. Take a walk, join in a game of bridge or bingo, enjoy popcorn and movie night, and participate in group outings.
Surrounded by warm, friendly neighbors, residents of Harpeth Meadows enjoy a lively schedule of social, recreational, and spiritual programs. Our Independent Living Residences provides a selection of four elegant home styles: Applegate, Beechgrove, Elmwood, and Ferndale.
• Exterior maintenance of private residences
• Two and three-bedroom, 2 bath homes
• No elevated steps
• Fully equipped kitchen with microwave, stove, and dishwasher
• Individually controlled heating and cooling
• High-quality interior finishes including solid oak cabinetry and crown molding
• Attached garages with electric door openers
• Private patios
• Lawn care
• Pest control
• Water & sewer, trash pick-up utilities
• Fire, flood & tornado insurance
• 24-hour emergency call system
• Social, cultural, and recreational activities
• Discounted, nutritious meals in the beautiful, fine dining room
• Use of clubhouse
• Maintenance of common areas
• On-site maintenance technician
• Property taxes based upon Metro Davidson County Commercial Assessment
• Contents insurance
• Electricity, gas, cable, internet, phone services
The services offered at The Meadows provide our residents with the resources they need to ensure a healthy fulfilling lifestyle.
• On-site management and 24-hour licensed nursing team
• Family atmosphere
• Medical Director and On-Call Specialists
• Podiatrist, Optometrist, Dentist, and Psychiatric Services
• Pharmacy services including delivery and medication reviews
• Delicious, specialized nutrition programs overseen by a Registered Dietician
• Hair salon and barbershop
• A robust activities calendar
• Seasonal events for residents and families
• Free scheduled transportation for appointments
• Quarterly family care-plan meetings and monthly family council meetings
• On-site chapel with Sunday worship and weekly devotional services
National HealthCare Corporation (NHC) has been providing the best in senior care for almost 50 years. At NHC, we believe that care should respect the individual, promote recovery, well-being, and independence. We believe in celebrating life every day with our patients and residents. NHC currently operates 75 skilled nursing centers, 24 assisted living communities, a behavioral health hospital, five retirement communities, and 35 homecare agencies. Other services include memory care, long-term care pharmacies, hospital, rehabilitation services, and management and accounting services to third parties.
NHC is recognized nationwide as an innovator in the delivery of quality senior care. Our founder, Dr. Carl Adams had a vision in 1971 to provide higher quality healthcare services for seniors. His dream was to create a campus concept that offered in-house services for residents as they age with different needs much like the continuing care retirement community of today.
Decades of pursuing a better way led NHC to our greater commitment toward patient and resident satisfaction with the adoption of our 20 promises. Our Better Way 20 promises mark the continuous commitment to our customers to deliver compassionate care and excellent service.
NHC is committed to being the senior care leader in customer and investor satisfaction.
Caring in a better way day by day.
Assisted Living Options
• Three daily, home-cooked, nutritious meals in our beautiful dining room
• Emergency call system in each bath and living area
• Licensed nursing staff on-site 24 hours daily
• Medication administration by a licensed nurse (optional)
• Vital signs checked weekly by nursing personnel
• Weight has taken monthly by nursing personnel
• All utilities included except private phone
• Daily housekeeping services
• Laundry services provided at no additional charge (optional)
• Residents are responsible for making own bed and changing linens
• All standard RHA Level 1 services
• Daily assistance with bathing and dressing, by trained and certified staff
• Observation rounds by nursing staff as needed and requested by residents up to two rounds daily
• Linen service 3 times a week
Independent Living Options
Our Independent Living Residences provides a selection of four elegant home styles: Applegate, The Beechgrove, The Elmwood, and Ferndale.
Respite care is available at all of our skilled nursing facilities. Respite is a short-term or temporary care service to relieve an in-home caregiver of responsibilities for an individual with long-term care needs. Respite care provides short-term breaks that can relieve stress, restore energy, and promote balance in your life. Respite patients receive quality care, spend time in a safe, supportive environment, interact with others, and if able, participate in activities designed to match personal abilities.